ď80% of customers intending to buy domestic appliances research information online before going to the store, so often the customer is better informed about the product than retail staff,Ē said BSH CEO Dr Kurt-Ludwig Gutberlet, at the annual press conference of BSH Group in Munich.
This statement may be disputed by majority of independent retailers who, having spent many years in the industry, are experts in their field. Yet the key issue here is Ė do customers know this?
When we need medical or any other professional advice we may use the web to glean background information to prepare ourselves for the developments ahead. It doesnít mean however that this will be a substitute for seeing a doctor, a lawyer or an accountant, most often in a face-to-face meeting.
The increasingly complexity of consumer electronics technology is your allay. With the exception of technical geeks who consider pouring over manuals and minute technical details of their products a good use of their time, an average customer donít have time, or inclination, for this. In fact, many of them are unaware, or have no understanding, of the key features of their products Ė which could significantly limit the benefits of owing them. They donít know what they donít know.
I think that this is the message the industry††† should be putting across to consumers; you need our professional expertise if you wish to take a full advantage of the technology on offer. You also need our helping hand with installation and when the things go wrong. Donít hesitate to ask for our expert advice.
What about the prices? you would ask. Apart from NHS, professional expertise always comes at a premium.
- Dixons trialling electronic shelf labels
- Challenges and consistency: Robin Millwood sp...
- Baumatic enters administration
- UKís first Small Business Saturday
- Baumatic acquired by Hoover Ltd
- Spotify further expands the Philips Smart TV...
- Britannia appoints new managing director
- Philips Lifestyle Entertainment scraps sale t...
- LG launches new online training platform
- Samsung announce Digital Appliances 'Christma...